Monday, May 10, 2010

Bad, Bad, Bad Blogger

I do believe, I do declare - I win bad blogger award! *Clap*Clap*Clap*Clap*
Let's hear it for Lori!

Girls, I know you all understand what *busy* means and that is what I have been! My daughter has track going on, it's her Sr. year, my son just finished with track and baseball has been going at the same time. I'm trying to get ready for graduation, her party is this Friday, and it's freaking me out!

I need your help!??? I'm begging, I'm pleading, I'm groveling! =)

I keep changing plans on the food - Months ago I had decided to do a dessert party, but changed that when I found out I had quite a few family members coming that would be traveling all afternoon, so I wanted to have more of a dinner for them. I decided I would do sub sandwiches and make them myself, then I decided I would do hot ham sandwiches on buns, then I decided I would just order subs from Subway and I had ordered potato salad and was making baked beans. Well, then I talked to my Mom and we kind of changed it up to doing subs and pizza, I had read that idea on the internet, Mom thought it was a great idea. So we talked it over and decided I'll do subs, pizza, chips and dips. What do you think of that? Should I do a veggie tray?

Also, a friend's mom made a HUGE frog eyed salad, and had the biggest Tupperware bowl left of it, so she gave me that to serve, wasn't that nice? But since I will have that, I'm thinking I need to have some other kind of salad, too? I just can't make decisions!

I also ordered cupcakes instead of a cake, they had a diploma design made out of cupcakes at Wal Mart, I ordered two of them, thinking that would be plenty, but now I'm thinking it won't be nearly enough. And will that look 'cheesy'?

What do you all think? I was going to make these scrumptious looking desserts that my friend Darla told me about - but know now that I will run out of time, I'm talking things need to be cheap, be easy, maybe all pre made, and look and taste great! I'm not asking too much am I?

So, anyway, now you can see where my mind has been, and what I've been up to!

I miss chatting with you all! As well as reading your blogs!

xoxoxo




3 comments:

  1. Lori, as far as I'm concerned you STILL deserve the BESTEST BLOGGER EVER award!
    I loved reading this post and BOY CAN I RELATE!!! ha ha You sound JUST like me trying to plan a party! I'm actually having a party on Thursday of this week and it's not NEARLY as big of a to-do as yours is...(just Grant's 6th b-day party) but still it was supposed to be outside at a park but now our forecast is calling for 80% thunderstorms all day and a high of 66!! I'm freaking out and don't know what to do. The "theme" of the party is "balls" and we are doing an "egg hunt" sort of thing but with gazillions of balls hidden at the park. We can't exactly switch it a restaurant or anything. Plus we have a huge baseball pinata. AUGH!
    Anyway, I DEFINITELY don't want to add to your stress..just helping you see that we are freaking out together just in different parts of the world! ha ha
    Okay, here are my suggestions for your party:
    I definitely like the subs/pizza/chips and dip idea. That is sure to please EVERYONE and also be simple and easy for you. Plus, pizza makes good leftovers so if you have too much, no worries there. As for a veggie tray, if you can just purchase (or make) one very simply and cheaply, I like it because it does offer a healthier choice than chips..BUT..I don't think ANYONE minds having chips occasionally, especially at a special occasion. KEEP IT SIMPLE! If you don't have a veggie tray, no one there is going to think "She should've done the veggie tray" because they won't even know it was a thought you had. As for dessert, I know what you mean about wanting to make something decadent and special, but this is an important time right now for you and your daughter and what will mean more to her than ANYTHING is having YOU. If you're racing around trying to prepare desserts, food, decor, etc. you aren't going to have any time for her and this is really ALL ABOUT HER right now. You don't want to miss it. You can't get it back. I promise you...she'll treasure having her momma (and her momma's attention) during this exciting time in her life. She'll remember that you were there (not just in body but in mind and spirit too) but she will NOT remember what food you had and how awesome the dessert was.
    I think the graduation cupcakes are perfect. I've had those cupcake "cakes" from Walmart before...they are YUMMY and very cute and I love it that you can just grab one and go rather than having someone standing there with a knife having to cut cake the whole time. I don't know how many people you're expecting but at the parties I attend, it seems like a good half of them don't even eat cake, so I bet you'll be fine with two of them. If you're worried, maybe you could put together a little fruit tray--just grapes, strawberries and pineapple or something. (but not if it will be stressful). I bet your mom or your friend Darla would be more than happy to put something together for you to help...whether its a dessert or the fruit tray. LET your FRIENDS and family help you sweetie! It makes them feel special and honored and it really helps you out too!
    By the way, I don't know how to tell you how much your comments to me on my blog have meant to me....so so so much. You are just absolutely 100% PRECIOUS! xoxo!
    Remember, take a deep breath, do your best and forget the rest! Keep the main thing the main thing...and that is your daughter! :o)
    I can't wait to see the pics from the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, you will do just fine!!!
    Don't stress too much. Remember, people probably have several places to go so they never eat as much as you think :)
    I've gone to parties where they serve buns and platters of meats, cheese, mustard, mayo and let people make their own sandwiches too. Chips, cookies or bars, M&M's, etc. I think your cupcake idea is great!
    You are so busy, try to give yourself a break where you can♥
    Love, D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow WOW
    Girls, how can I THANK YOU ENOUGH for your sweet words and encouragement!!!!! It means SO MUCH to me!

    THANK YOU
    THANK YOU
    THANK YOU
    from the BOTTOM of my HEART!
    ♥Lori

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for taking a moment to stop by and read my blog and post a comment! I ♥love♥ reading your comments, it just tickles me pink! =)