Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Weekend in a Photo Journal

Happy Happy Tuesday Friends!!!!

I had a wonderful weekend traveling to see my oldest daughter's last dance performances at college, and was able to spend time with my Mother in Law as well.

I thought I would show you photos and a video of my weekend!!! =)

Morgan Dance 2010 054

This is my daughter Morgan, coming out for her last dance performance. You can see more pictures here, if you are interested!

Click here for a video of the dance! I have to tell you, I'm so proud of her! She choreographed this dance on her own!! This dance team started out with nine members, but as you can see, has shrunk to four!



I stopped on the road trip up and back for a few snapshots, I thought I would share a few with you. Of course I had to play with a couple of them in Picnik, but the brightly colored doors really are just like that!

Between Chadron and North Platte 2010 (3)

I added sepia tone to this beautiful foggy tree shot;

Between Chadron and North Platte 2010 (11)

Between Chadron and North Platte 2010 (33)

I don't know about you all, but do buildings like the one below intrigue you? They truly intrigue me - I would have loved to go in this house and walk around and study things in there (but it was too cold for that!). I could just stare for hours at things like this, as well as old photographs, I just want to know the history of it all, like, who lived there? Was it a family, what were they like? They obviously farmed this land, were their lives hard? I can just picture them coming and going from this door, sweeping the porch . . . . . (well, you get the picture!)

Between Chadron and North Platte 2010 (23)

That's all for now! I think my next post will include my weight progress with P90X!

When oh when will I get to clay again? I just don't know!! It is beginning to get on my nerves, though, that is for sure!

Have a most Fabulous, Fabulous Tuesday my Friends!






12 comments:

  1. Great photos Laurie. I'm the same way with history. I love old buildings, old pictures, and old stories. I even took a US History class at the college several years ago because I just love history. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video...and what a proud mama! She's good!
    Love your photos too and if you like history stories, I hope you've been reading about Canute and Sarah on my blog...
    I'm having a giveaway too so come take a peek. I understand about the clay stuff. Sometimes you just need to take a breather huh...
    Take care and keep sharing (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is gorgeous Lori. Takes after her mom I think.
    I love "old" things too. I am curious about history, it just intrigues me.

    Thanks so much Lori for your nice nice comment. My pieces seem to be better when I am having a great time making them. Do you not find that is true for you too?
    The more I know and the more I know the person the better I do.
    Like a special connection almost.
    Glad you like the sky and trees. It was a really beautiful sky that day and all clean from the latest rain too.
    ♥and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, Morgan is so beautiful!
    Wow, what great photos you captured! They're fantastic!
    Love, D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweetie - thanks for stopping by my blog! Sorry I hadn't had the chance to respond sooner. Going nuts trying to get some samples put together - with all of a week to work with to begin with - and then came down with a wicked cold on Tuesday. BLAH! Never fails! Nothing like adding a few more handicaps to the mix! LOL Hope you get some time to clay again soon. Hang in there! Your daughter is beautiful - just like her mom! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVED the video! Wow, what talent she has!! (and what a beautiful girl!) No wonder you're proud! Lori, you are a talented photographer! What a knack for making the ordinary extradorinary! Sorry we haven't gotten to chat as much lately-but I've missed you and your sunshiney self! LOVE the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you ok? I have been missing you Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter is stunning.

    And I WANT that hot pink chipped door!! *gasp*

    I might have to recreate something like that just for my own use...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You didn't get my invite? I thought you stood us up yesterday. It was lunch at Applebee's a long with a skinny mango margarita and shopping. Found some great things at The Limited and Marshall's. Had a fun day. Just would have been better if you would have joined us!! Maybe next time...wouldn't that be something?!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the photographs, u are really talented! especially love the pink door and the big tree in the sepia fog. very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for taking a moment to stop by and read my blog and post a comment! I ♥love♥ reading your comments, it just tickles me pink! =)