Friday, January 15, 2010

Weird, Random Thoughts - Is this normal?




Good morning ladies!

How is everyone? It's Friday, it's Friday, it's Friday!!!

So, I thought I would just ramble on to you all, and give you my random thoughts that are and have been running through my head today since I got up . . . . .

I did the Kenpo workout last night for my P90X workout - it felt great, it went by so fast, I did it by myself, and really enjoyed it!

Today is officially my 13th day of P90X workouts and eating! I have to admit I'm enjoying this working out. The eating, well, not so much, it's hard for me - I was the hugest junk food junkie ever! Now, though, it's weird, I have been craving fruit like all get out! Not that I didn't like fruit before, but now - I can't get enough of it! I eat more of it than I'm suppose to - I don't follow the eating plan exactly, but I have completely cut down on carbs, I have so very little of them. And it's amazing how much better I feel - I just don't have that yucky constant bloated feel. I would always feel like my stomach was so distended, you could pop it with a pin! Wait, (since I'm like a fart in a skillet most of the time, anyway, I may as well continue to be like a fart in a skillet with this post!) I should back up and tell you how all of this P90X started, shouldn't I? My husband started being obsessive with talking about P90X about two weeks before Christmas, he knew some guys that had done it and had good results. So I bought it for him as a surprise for Christmas. Once he actually had it - he was scared, scared to try to start it, he debated for three or four days on whether or not to send it back. He finally decided to give it a whirl, and begged me to do it with him, he thought he would stick with it better if I did it with him. Let me tell you - I hated, no, loathed exercising! But I finally agreed to it and was in a horrible mood, I was so mad about it all! But started it, I did. Now, I'm loving it! I wanted to lose just a few pounds, mostly around my inner tube middle! I think it is already toning up, and I have actually lost a few pounds! I'm so excited. Thank you to my hubby for 'forcing' me to do this! Now here is a dilemma - tonight, we're going out with friends, something I'm so excited about, but I'm freaking out about whether or not I should/can have a drink or two - and what can I eat? They don't have an online menu (so I can check things out) - yes, I tried to check already! What to do, what to do???

Then this morning, I also started worrying and wondering - do I bug people? I mean, do I really bug them? I think I do - I think I get on people's nerves - mostly my friends, I think I text and email too much, and just hound them! I'm really worried about it. What do I do about this ~ about being a 'plague' that won't go away???

Then I thought about food - food - I want some food! =)

And then - I thought, hmmm, today is stretch day in the P90X workout, it is really boring, can I skip it?

My tree, Christmas tree - would you even believe my tree is still up??? I can not believe it! Last weekend I was so busy and not able to get it done, but I also was not ready to take it down, I just didn't want Christmas to be over. But now - oh my goodness, now I'm sooo sick of it, I can't take it anymore!

Well, ok, now that you survived this - and actually read it to the end! Good for you! Yippeeee! Wuup, wuup! Virtual Gold Star for you, right in the middle of your forehead!

Thanks so much for listening!
Oh, also, the pictures I posted are my lastest clay projects I have gotten done, since Christmas has been over.

Have a Fabulous Friday!

♥Lori

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on being on your 13th day!! I'm starting my P90X workout journey (check it out at my blog, TREK2BEFIT.COM) on Sunday! Any advice for someone new like me?

    Also, are you a Beachbody Coach? I don't see anywhere on your site saying you are. Go to- http://trek2befit.com/become-a-beachbody-coach for more info. Feel free to contact me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonathan!!!! Thank you so much for your comment! I will go check out your blog as well! I wish you the best of luck!

    I am not a Beachbody Coach, it's not something I am sure I want to do at this point?!

    The best advice I think I can give you - is to do what you seem to be doing already!!! Talking to others about your progress! I have the best support from Jen, that I met through blogs. It is so encouraging to hear what others have been through, and just to hear them cheer you on!

    I wish you all the best!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this sounds like something i need to do! Good luck with it and I'll keep checking back to see how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi 'All My Yesterdays' - I sure will keep you up to date!! Thanks for stopping by!!! =)

    You will have to let me know if you decide to try it!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of P90X. Is it a workout tape? I need to do something to tone but I hate exercise too.
    They should have something on the menu low cal. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori,
    You crack me up! You are like pure sunshine! :o)
    The virtual gold star had me in giggles.
    Anyway, as for the stretch dvd...you don't HAVE to do it. It's very good for you...but honestly, I skipped it a lot of the time. I just needed a day to get caught up on everything else and not spend an hour in front of the tv doing a workout, ya know? Still, if I was giving out recommendations, I'd say try to do it as much as possible.
    Good for you trying to look up the menu beforhand! PERFECT!
    As for how you got started with P90X...that's hilarious. Sounds a LOT like my story. It was my hubby who had seen the infomercial and wanted to get it. (even though I was the one who works out). He said he thought he might actually use something like this but wouldn't go to the gym. After a few MONTHS I finally caved and ordered it and now I'm (of course) SOOOOO Glad I did!
    Be sure and tell your friends "Twice as Nice" about me if they decide to order P90X. :o)
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all.......do not EVER think you are a plague to me! You are NOT a pest! You've inspired me for years with your positive energy and I thank God for your friendship!!

    I'm loving the P90x updates!! What does that stand for? Pain times 90? :) hahaha
    Mine should arrive soon and I'm going to try my best NOT to whine, complain or cry and embrace it with determination like you!
    You are my hero Lori!!
    Love, D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twice as Nice - I'm so sorry to call you that, but I'm not sure which one of you posted this? Or am I? Tee hee, heee!

    Yes, it is a set of DVD's, I can't recommend it highly enough!!! It is the workout DVD's, and they are basically based on muscle confusion, and that works great so that you never get bored with doing the same workout every day! It is great, it truly is! It includes a Nutrional Book as well as the Workout Book and DVD's! You can purchase it through QVC (they were offering free shipping, not sure if they still are), or through Amazon, or through www.beachbody.com/P90X
    And I'm telling you this without me getting anything out of it - other than my excitement for everyone to join! Can you tell I'm loving it? =)

    Hugs!
    ♥Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jen,

    You are so sweet! I'm glad you enjoyed my post! How funny that we both basically started this in the same way - by our hubbys! I did do the stretch on Friday and am so glad I did - it truly makes your body feel amazing!!

    Hugs,
    ♥Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Darla, Darla, Darla, Darlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for making me feel better - I mean it! We were brought together for a reason, I truly believe it! How many years has it been now, do you know? It's been a lot, I know that! =)

    You can and will love P90X, and to tell you the truth - it can mean pain at times, but you and your body will thank you for that pain - it's wonderful pain! I worked out so hard last night my arms felt like rubber, but it was great!

    I can't thank you enough for your wonderful post - THANK YOU!

    Love,
    L

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for taking a moment to stop by and read my blog and post a comment! I ♥love♥ reading your comments, it just tickles me pink! =)