Monday, January 18, 2010

Snowball, Exercise and Eating Out!

Hi everyone!

Do those three things go together? They sure did for me this weekend!

When I got off work Friday, I went home and immediately did my 13th day of P90X, which was the stretching video, boy that makes you feel good (as a matter of fact, my husband said he felt like he was in a state of Nirvana - tee hee)! Then on to the next event, my middle daughter, who is a Sr in High School, had her last Snowball Dance on Friday night, so it was an evening of primping and pictures, it was oh so fun!
From there, we went on to an evening out with friends. I was really nervous about going out, what would we eat, could we drink? The drinks were really a big dilemma for me - I thought about it the entire day. I think all in all after all was said and done, we did pretty good. We split a grilled chicken salad, with oil and vinegar (it did have cheddar cheese on it, had I known, I would have ordered it without), my husband had cottage cheese, I had coleslaw, and then we split a Caribbean Jerk Pork Chop. I did decide to order a Mike's Hard Lemonade, the first half of it was so good, but after that, I was wishing I had not ordered it, it just seemed like such wasted calories! Then after sitting there for awhile, the bartender sent our entire table (there were a lot of us) shots! We aren't sure what was in them, but they were good - they tasted like green apple! Then it was water for us the rest of the night.

Saturday we hit our official 14 day mark on P90X! Let me tell you, we are really feeling everything so much! I'm not sure if it's because we are understanding it all better, and working so much harder, or if it's because we are becoming stronger, so we can work harder, or a combination. I was so proud of myself, I did five real push ups on the first set (the remainders had to be cheat push ups on my knees), and on the second set I did three real! After this week we will be moving on to our next DVD's, I can't believe it!

It should be a nice quiet day at work for me, and I should accomplish a lot of work, as we don't have students today, and teachers have the day off as well.

Enjoy your Monday!
Lori

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting to day 13 of P90X! I just started my P90X workout journey (check it out at my blog, TREK2BEFIT.COM) on Sunday! I'm really sore from day 1 of P90X, but I know I got a great workout.

    Are you a Beachbody Coach? I don't see anywhere on your site saying you are. Go to- http://trek2befit.com/become-a-beachbody-coach for more info. Feel free to contact me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonathan,

    Thanks so much for the congratulations, we are actually on our 16th day as of today! Be prepared to be sore for awhile! I know you will love it!

    I'm not a coach, and don't plan on being one at this time, but thanks!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori,
    You are doing SUPER! Your attitude is so positive, which is just crucial to the success of this program. No one can deny it's HARD WORK, but sometimes the hardest part is the mental battle (for me anyway). I agree with your hubby..that stretch video is wonderful...just makes you wanna say "ahhhhhhh...." :o)
    I think you did very well on your dinner out. Of course...the liqour isn't "on the diet" but you know what? We have to LIVE sometimes! Being healthy and fit is SO IMPORTANT...but it's not EVERYTHING, ya know?
    I had a couple glasses of white wine at our "Ball" this weekend and I don't feel one bit guilty about it.
    What was really great about what you said was that the Mikes Hard Lemonade was "so good at first". EXACTLY. Sometimes its okay to have a little and then STOP. The 2nd half of stuff isn't usually nearly as good as the first anyway. I've actually spit a chewed up bite into the trash or my napkin before because I realized it really wasn't tasting that good and I didn't want to swallow 100 calories--when it wasn't even GOOD!
    You're doing fabulous! I can't wait to keep reading how you're doing!
    Ps. Do you guys have the chin up bar or are you using the resistance bands?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Lori (& John)!!
    Your dedication and enthusiasm is rockin!!!
    Love, D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen,

    Yes, the stretch video truly does make you just want to say 'aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh', now as for yoga - well, while you are doing it - you don't feel like that, do you? But the next day I always feel GREAT! I'm doing yoga tonight, and trying to psych myself up for it! I know once I've done it more, and am more flexible, I will absolutely love it! I loved how you described having the drinks, that just explained it perfectly! And now that you have told me about spitting out the food that is not so good - I may do exactly the same thing! I love that idea! Why waste those calories on something that isn't good? We actually have two chin up bars and two bands. I start with my pull ups on the bars, but usually can not get more than 2 or 3 real ones in, and then add some cheats in, and then move to the bands! I can't thank you enough for all of your encouragement, it means so much to me! =)

    Darla - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, I appreciate it so very MUCH!

    Hugs and Love Girls!
    ♥Lori

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for taking a moment to stop by and read my blog and post a comment! I ♥love♥ reading your comments, it just tickles me pink! =)