Friday, January 22, 2010

Photos of myself? Oh dear! Exercising in Pajamas?

Hello!

Well, at the urging of my friend Jen, I will post some pictures of myself. Jen said she would like to see who she is talking with, so here ya go Jen! It kind of scares me that you have me pictured in your mind - yikes! =) Please, keep in mind that I absolutely hate having pictures taken, hate it, but here goes. I kind of had a tough time, because I hate pictures so much, there aren't many of myself! I don't know how my kids would feel about me putting their pictures on here, so I'm leaving them off for now. But I do have three children, two daughters, my oldest is 20, my middle is 18 and a son, who is 14.

This first picture is a picture of my husband and I on our wonderful trip to Aspen and Breckenridge, Colorado last Fall. Boy that was fun, it's so beautiful!

Photobucket

This next picture is a picture I did a lot of playing with on 'Picnik', my sister in law took it of my husband and I last summer at the lake.

Photobucket

And this last picture - look at this! OMG - what dorks! These are the girls that I work with every day at the High School where I'm a secretary. This picture cracks me up - we had a teacher that was leaving at the end of last year, she was moving to another location, and she wanted a picture of us girls, and told us to 'strike a pose'! Funny!

Photobucket

On the far left of this picture is Connie, next is Chris, and then myself, and then Laurie, yes another Laurie, it gets confusing on the phones! Both Chris and Laurie are leaving us at the end of this year. Chris is retiring and Laurie's husband was transferred to Montana. We hate to see them go! =(

So, that's a little bit of visual info for you all! Now, I want you to just imagine this! Today was stretch day on our workouts, well, by the time I went to Wal Mart, and spent sooo much money on healthy foods, got all of that put away, all I wanted to do in this cold, damp, foggy weather was to put my jammies on, so that I did. Before I stretched - is it a sin to exercise/stretch in jammies? Anyway, that's what I did, but I have to share this with you - when I was doing the downward dog, I got a shot down my shirt - Oh My Goodness! GA - ROSS!!!!! My stomach! Aaack! Here I have been feeling so skinny lately, but then I got a shot of my stretch marked, blobby, stretchy, loose lump of a stomach just hanging there in plain sight! Yikes, that is something I don't ever, ever want to see again!

Well, I suppose I will close for now - my battery is about dead, time to plug this baby in!

I may be back tomorrow - I do know one thing for sure - tomorrow I'm going to clay and I can't wait!!!!

"Try Your Best, Forget The Rest"

♥Lori

8 comments:

  1. Well, thanks Jen for making this happen! I'm like you though, usually the one with the camera..not at all photogenic. But you are adorable! As for the stomach...welcome to the *Ya, I've had kids* club (O:
    Have fun with the clay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted a picture 'cause I thought you were a lot older. It just goes to show you can't always judge a person by their blog. You are a cutie patootie and not over weight! You look about the size of me and Twin only we don't have much of a chest! Look your legs are like ours, there is a space in between!! HA! Twin and I just need to tone too, only I need your ambition first! I HATE getting my picture take. The one on our blog we took last week and I finally agreed to have it posted. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Lori, Girl, you are GORGEOUS! I'm not just trying to make you feel good...seriously...you are way more stunning than me! I can't BELIEVE you don't like pics of yourself! We are going to change that my friend! You look fab now...but after P90X, you're gonna be SO SMOKIN' HOT and ripped that you'll wanna show the world! Girlfriend, the best part is: You are every bit as beautiful inside as out! WOW! What an amazing combination! My jaw really did drop when I saw your pics, especially that last one where you have my DREAM body and ADORABLE hair and CUTEST ever smile!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting these! You are WAYYYYYYY more gorgeous than what I was imagining!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi 'All My Yesterdays' - I'm so sorry I don't know your name! Thank you so very, very much for taking the time to stop by and read AND post - I looove reading comments!!! ♥ It would seem a lot of us are usually the ones taking the photos and not in them, doesn't it? Maybe we should try to make a concious effort to change that? Or should we? ;o) Yes, you are so right, our stomachs are *Ya, I've had kids* club! I will have fun with the clay - thanks!

    Hi Twin! Yes, it was time that I finally posted a picture, wasn't it? Wow, so you thought I was older, isn't it funny how we picture things in our heads? But thank you, thank you, thank you for the compliments, you are so sweet! My legs, umm, yeah, chicken legs? Do you know I have not worn shorts in the past two or three years, because people always make comments about my chicken legs? Oh, and that chest - well, it's quickly disappearing, which is fine with me, if it has to be gone to have a flat tummy, I'm all for it! I love your new picture you have posted, I'm so glad you agreed to it!

    Thank you for everything girls, I just get sooo excited when I get comments! =)

    Happy Saturday! =)
    ♥Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm, Jen???? OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMOGMG, I don't even know what to say???? How can I possibly say THANK YOU after all that???? Oh my goodness gracious, I'm overklempt! ;o)

    I am seriously sitting here without knowing what to say - and that does not happen with me!!!!

    You, my dear, are the one that is just as gorgeous on the inside as the outside, I truly mean that!!!! =)

    Oh, one thing I do have to say, is thanks for mentioning my hair - I have let my bangs grow out, and after seeing that picture, I thought to myself, maybe I should have bangs again, I think they make me look younger, they cover up the Grand Canyon size creases across my forehead! Ha! But I struggle with bangs, I have a bad cowlic (sp?) that makes them a pain to fix and keep that way all day, but I just might get them cut again!

    Jen, my *AWESOME* Coach THANK YOU from the VERY BOTTOM of my HEART!

    I'm off to clay and yoga for the day!! Yipee!

    Hugs,
    ♥Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori........if YOU hate having YOUR pic taken, there's no hope for me! I've never liked it either but you, my dear, are gorgeous. Of course, I've known that for years :) I agree with Jen.....inside AND out! You're a gem!
    Thanks for sharing your pics.......post more!
    Love, D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gravity does such wonderful things to our egos, doesn't it?

    haha

    Stay Cozy, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carrie! Wow, isn't that the truth - the things gravity does! Wow!

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ♥Lori

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for taking a moment to stop by and read my blog and post a comment! I ♥love♥ reading your comments, it just tickles me pink! =)