Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 17 and for the Love of Gray

Yes! We are now through Day 17 of P90X! It feels so good to accomplish another day of healthy eating and a workout!

Today was Yoga! I have to be honest, Yoga is my least favorite workout - while I'm doing it! I just get so discouraged that I can't do so many of the moves. If it weren't such a long workout, I would have went back and tried some of them over again. At this point, I can't even remember which ones I struggled with so much, I think the twisted moon, or something like that. You stand on one foot, stretch the other leg and foot out behind you, and then bend down and twist your upper body, right? I think that is how it goes? I have most certainly noticed that I'm much more flexible and am able to keep my balance better now, on just this third yoga workout than I was on the first! That is definitely something to be excited about isn't it? My discouragement only lasted a couple of minutes, then I really started thinking about how much better I did than the very first time I did the Yoga, I felt so good about it! So remember how I said that Yoga is my least favorite workout 'while I'm doing it'? But let me tell you, it is my most favorite when I'm done doing it. My body feels GREAT! And I love knowing that it will feel good all day tomorrow as well. It feels loose, limber and lean!

I think we have done so well on our eating, we are following the book as closely as we can! We have not had a sweet, a soda, a potato, a french fry. . . . none of those! And I must tell you this, I received this awesome Christmas gift this year - an entire box of toffee! I'm not a big sweets eater (chips and salsa are my downfall, my all time favorite food), but I do love toffee. As soon as we started 17 days ago, I hid that toffee in the back of my fridge, and it has stayed there! We also have three bags of frozen cookie dough that sit in the freezer and scream out every time we get ice - they scream 'Eat me please' - but we haven't touched them! Yipeee! I'm so proud of us!

I'm going to give you an example of what I ate today, for breakfast I had two hard boiled egg whites and two pieces of turkey bacon at 7:00. At 9:00, I had my protein bar snack with a big glass of water. For lunch at 11:00 (yes, I have to take an early lunch) I had a salad with a grilled chicken breast, almond slivers and mandarin oranges. At 2:00 I had a snack of FF string cheese, turkey jerky, a couple of almonds and a clementine. As I was fixing dinner, I have to admit I was snacking on fruit! I had a little bit of apple and bananan and mango! Then for dinner we had the P90X Carribbean Jerk Pork Tenderloin Salad, it was so yummy!

Ok, enough talk about working out, for now anyway. Although I do love talking about P90X!

I don't know when I will get time to clay again, I'm hoping one night this week, but if I don't - I'm making time this weekend no matter what! I would love to get some Valentine things done! I'm not sure what - I have so many ideas running through my head, but time is running short, so where will I start? I'm not sure! I am constantly thinking about teddy bears lately, so maybe I'll try to make a couple of teddy bears?! Happy Claying to all my claying friends reading this - I hope you have time to clay! I'd love to hear from you, as to what you have been claying lately?!

No, I have not forgotten about the rest of my title of this post. I can't quite explain it, but my affinity for the color gray is back with avengence! I use to love the color gray when I was a teenager. Then I moved into browns and blues, but lately, I notice everything gray and I love it - it's the weirdest thing! I went shopping the other day, and I kid you not, I purchased three new gray tops?! What the heck? I don't know, but I'm just going to go with it!

If you would like to read an awesome blog about P90X, please take a moment to check out my new friend Jen's blog! She started out her blog on day one of P90X, and she takes so much time to include what she has eaten and her food plan for the week, including recipes! It's so awesome!

Our P90X Journey

Oh, one more thing - I just have to share this with you - I think it is the cutest idea, I sure wish there would have been something like this around when my children were young!

Children's Artwork Pendant

Take Care Everyone! I'm headed to bed - it's an early night for once!
Keep Claying my clay friends
and Keep Pushing Play my P90X friends!

♥Lori

8 comments:

  1. I have heard that P90X is unbelievable...you have much more strength than I do! I am impressed! Just wanted to say thank you for your sweet comments on my blog lately. You are SO encouraging! :)
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie!

    Yes, P90X is unbelievable, it is incredible - it is FANTASTIC! I love it! =) And no, trust me, I do not have more strength than you - I had not worked out for years, and years before I started this three weeks ago - you would absolutely amaze yourself in all that you can do in such a short amount of time!

    Thanks for mentioning your blog - it is my pleasure to read your blog and comment, I love your blog, love it! =)

    ♥Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!! So much easier for me to read now that you changed the font color :) Thanks! Cuz I LOVE reading your blog!
    I just boiled a bunch of eggs :) I'm psyching myself up thanks to you!!
    Love, D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlaaaaa, you go girl, you go! I'm so excited! I love it Darla, I love it! Do you have a steamer? Let me tell ya - if you steam the eggs, they peel so nicely, I can't believe it! I steam a dozen eggs at least twice a week now! We are going through them like crazy!

    I'm glad to hear the font is easier to read now, and thank you for saying you love to read it - you are so sweet!

    Love,
    L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweetie - thanks so much for leaving such a nice comment on my blog about my jungle clay illustration! That really meant a lot to me! I haven't been claying hardly at all since before Christmas. :oP It's so hard to get back into it once you've laid it down for a while isn't it? It always takes me a while. I made a snowman a couple days ago. That's it! UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ginny!
    You are most certainly welcome, I most definitely meant it!
    Yes, it is so hard to get back into it, and why is that? I'm not sure, but it sure is?!!!! Share pictures of your snowman, I would love to see it!
    Take care!
    ♥Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really are one amazing woman! You must have Jesus in your life!?...

    ReplyDelete
  8. BTW, could you please post a picture of yourself? I have no idea what you look like and I have this "idea" in my head...but when talking to someone as much as we do, it'd be nice to put a face with a name! pretty please!?!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for taking a moment to stop by and read my blog and post a comment! I ♥love♥ reading your comments, it just tickles me pink! =)